Orgreenic has a brand new Chef’s Knife available! Check out the Fire & Ice Knife created by Chef Michael Ferraro! Fire & Ice is up to 50% bigger than normal chef’s knives and made from high-quality steel that’s infused with Orgreenic non-stick technology. The 9 inch Fire & Ice knife by Orgreenic cuts through it all! Perfectly balanced for precision and control, Fire & Ice is what every professional chef looks for in a high-end knife. And thanks to the Orgreenic non-stick surface, foods slide right off. Find out more on the Fire & Ice Knife website here!
DailyBurn.com has featured the OrGreenic Fry Pan as one of the “25 Kitchen Gadgets That Make Healthy Cooking Easy”. They found that because of the nonstick surface that requires no extra oil, cooking with OrGreenic lets you eliminate added grease that often gets all over the oven top from spraying your pan. Find out what some of the other easy kitchen gadgets are here.
Great News! More of the nonstick, green cookware you love is available online! Now you can easily get the entire cookware set, or add bakeware, roasting pans, grill pans and more to your collection! Check out Orgreenic.com now to see for yourself!
KQCD-TV NBC News Bismarck, ND has featured the new OrGreenic Bake Pan in its “Don’t Buy It, Until We Try It,” segment. A local baker tested the non-stick Bake Pan by making turtle brownies with caramel. The tester said that the brownies came out perfectly and she was able to scoop them out without the brownies sticking . She gave the Orgreenic Bake Pan a thumbs up! Watch the segment for yourself on the website here.
This football Sunday, forget the wings, nachos and mozzarella sticks. Go for something light, healthy and festive instead! Check out this recipe for zucchini football fritters from the Hungry Happenings blog that will look and taste great on any game day! Make them in your Orgreenic pan to use less oil and fat too – GO TEAM!
Sunday Supper is a big deal in your home. It’s the day of the week where everyone gathers for a big meal, family time and a lot of love! But most of the time, a big meal means big amounts for calories, saturated fat and other things that are not good for you but the most tasty. Now, Sunday Super can be just as big and delicious with this healthy recipe twist of fried chicken. Serve this crowd pleaser with a couple healthy sides at Sunday Supper and everyone will be even more satisfied knowing its healthy and just as pleasing!
Honey-Crisp Oven-Fried Chicken
4 skinless bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 lb.) 2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk 4 cups cornflakes cereal 1/2 tsp. paprika 1/2 tsp. garlic powder 1/2 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper Olive oil cooking spray 2 Tbs. honey
Place the chicken in a bowl with the buttermilk and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
Place the cornflakes in a food processor and process until crumbs form (you should have about 1 cup of crumbs). Transfer to a shallow dish and mix in the paprika, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Heat the oven to 350°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, shaking off excess buttermilk from the chicken. Discard the remaining buttermilk. Brush each piece of chicken with honey, then dip in the cornflake crumbs, pressing hard so the crumbs adhere to the chicken. Place the coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray the top of each chicken thigh with cooking spray. Bake until the chicken is crisped and cooked through, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise and curry powder in a large bowl. Add chicken, pear, celery, cranberries and almonds; toss to combine.
- Fill each pita half with 1/2 cup chicken salad and 1/4 cup sprouts.
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup guacamole
1 cup spinach
4 slices low-sodium ham
1/2 cup fat free mexican blend shredded cheese
2 low-calorie whole wheat tortillas (La Tortilla Factory)
1. Bring a small pot of water, with a dash of salt, to almost a boil. You want the small bubbles to begin forming but you do not want a full boil. If the water begins to boil, turn the heat down and wait until it drops below the boiling point.
2. Break 1 egg into a small bowl, carefully, you do not want to break the yolks.
3. While holding the bowl in one hand, rapidly stir the water in the pot with a spatula, creating a whirlpool effect. Carefully pour the egg into the center of the whirlpool.
4. Let the egg cook 3 to 4 minutes until it only wobbles when nuged. If the egg sticks to the bottom of the pan, carefully slide the spatual under the egg after about 30 seconds of cooking.
5. Remove egg with a slotted spoon and set on a paper towel to drain.
6. Repeat for remaining eggs.
7. Arrange cheese, ham, and spinach on each tortillas and fold the tortillas in half. Heat quesadillas over medium heat in OrGreenic Skillet about 2 minutes per side, until slightly browned.
8. Top quesadilla with salsa, guacamole, and poached eggs. Enjoy!
Makes 2 servings
Calories per serving: 366
- A quick and healthy lunch idea to keep you going for tons of summer fun
1 whole wheat pita
1/4 cup vegetable tomato sauce
1/4 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp. fat free parmesan cheese
1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1. Sauté vegetables in OrGreenic skillet until slightly tender.
2. Remove vegetables from pan and place pita in OrGreenic Skillet.
3. Arrange vegetable toppings to your liking and top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
4. Heat covered over medium heat until cheese is melted.
Makes 1 serving
Calories per serving: 349