This unique blend of flavors will surely delight your taste buds. This recipe is perfect for a light, refreshing summer dinner.
2 lbs. zucchini, chopped into bite size pieces
8 slices center cut bacon or turkey bacon
1 box whole grain pasta
1 5-7 oz. jar of pesto
1 bag of frozen corn kernels
2 teaspoons of black pepper
Parmesan cheese for optional topping
- Cook pasta according to directions on box
- While the pasta is cooking, use your OrGreenic skillet to fry the bacon slices. Once done, pat dry and set aside.
- Wipe out skillet and add corn. Cook until just thawed.
- When pasta is done, do not drain. Add zucchini and corn to the pot and half cover. Cook for 3 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Reserve ½ cup cooking water and then drain.
- Pour pasta, zucchini, and corn to skillet and add the pesto sauce, pepper, and reserved cooking water. Mix well.
- Crumble bacon strips and add to OrGreenic skillet.
- Heat for 2 minutes then serve with parmesan cheese.